[llvm-dev] Standard way to remove llvm intrinsics

Alberto Barbaro via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Dec 16 12:03:55 PST 2019

Hi all,
it is not the first time that I need to remove intrinsics from a bc and in
the past I saw options like -strip-debug for opt. Now I would like to
remove all the occurrences of llvm.lifetime.start and llvm.lifetime.end. I
have done in just obtaining the .ll file, grep -v lifetime, redirecting it
to another .ll and use llvm-as.

I was wondering if there is a standard way to decide which intrinsics to
remove or if at the moment it is not possible.

Thanks
Alberto