[llvm-dev] [RFC][DWARF] Handling errors in DWARF .debug_line parsing

David Blaikie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Dec 16 11:26:21 PST 2019

(mailing lists can be busy - best to include any known-relevant parties on
the 'to' line to help highlight the discussion for them)

My take on it: I'd be OK with only a strict mode with good error messages
lazily created. (so you don't get an error if you never needed to
parse/lookup a file name, for instance - don't want the strict mode to be
inefficient by aggressively parsing portions of the file you don't end up
needing) If there are cases where consumers just need to be able to read
invalid DWARF, yeah, could jump that hurdle when it comes up in a few ways
I guess.