[llvm-dev] [DWARF5][SplitDwarf] question on using fsplit-dwarf-inlining option

David Blaikie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Dec 6 06:14:48 PST 2019

Yep, I wasn't aware of that particular wording, but that would make this
feature a non-conforming extension. Perhaps it should be off by default -
but it's still super useful to have around/I wouldn't be OK with removing
it.

In the future something like
http://wiki.dwarfstd.org/index.php?title=TwoLevelLineTables might be able
to replace this functionality & at a lower cost in object/executable size,
but I'm not sure what state that is in and whether it does cover all the
use cases.