[llvm-dev] what does this error message mean?

Krzysztof Parzyszek via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Dec 2 12:34:49 PST 2019

It means that the types that were provided for this instruction in the program couldn't be reconciled with the types expected for this instruction.  If a target uses multiple HW modes, then it's ok if for any given mode the types contradict---that will simply disable that instruction for that mode, but if this happens in every mode, then it's treated as an error.

In this particular case, it seems like the instruction expects i32, but somehow it's getting i64 (the second immediate operand is showing i64, so I'm guessing the first one for i64 as well).

--
Krzysztof Parzyszek  kparzysz at quicinc.com   AI tools development