[llvm-dev] clbuildprogram error -44

Savonichev, Andrew via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Dec 2 06:05:42 PST 2019

llvm-dev list is probably not the best place to ask general questions about OpenCL
(unless a question is about OpenCL compiler internals). Stackoverflow or Intel
forum (since you use Intel OpenCL SDK) are better resources for this kind of questions.

Anyway, -44 is a code for CL_INVALID_PROGRAM. It means that the cl_program pointer
you pass to clBuildProgram is invalid. This is often an indication that one of the previous
OpenCL API calls failed (clCreateProgramWithSource is this case).

Make sure to always check an error code from every OpenCL API function. When you get
an error, check the OpenCL specification[1] to find out a list of possible reasons.

[1]: https://www.khronos.org/registry/OpenCL/specs/opencl-1.2.pdf

--
Andrew