[llvm-dev] 'git llvm push' other branches?

Hans Wennborg via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Aug 16 02:19:55 PDT 2019

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 9:56 AM Alex Denisov via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I want to update the Release Notes for the release/9.x, but seems like 'git llvm push' only supports commits to the master/trunk.
> What's the current process for such patches?

I just use SVN for release branches. For release notes it's
particularly easy since you only need to check out the docs/
directory:

$ svn co https://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/branches/release_90/docs/
release_90_llvm_docs
$ cd release_90_llvm_docs
(edit ReleaseNotes.rst)
$ svn commit

If that doesn't work, I'm always happy to land patches for anyone on the branch.

Thanks,
Hans