[llvm-dev] Can I build llvm with only a handful of source files compiled for debug?

Robert Henry via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 14 11:40:17 PDT 2019

In order to minimize edit/compile/debug turn time, is there a way to compile llvm tools so that the majority of the files are compiled as if for release (eg, no debug symbols), and only the handful of files that I have touched are compiled for debugging? This will reduce the load on the file system, linker and gdb tremendously.  At present, AFAICT, it's all or nothing.