[llvm-dev] Bazel support

Wynand Pieterse via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Aug 13 00:22:46 PDT 2019

Thanks for the responses everyone! Much appreciated!

I have given this some thought and the better solution I could come up with
is to build LLVM with the CMake build system inside a fresh Docker
container, upload the binaries to cloud storage, and use these binaries to
build up toolchains inside Bazel. Does this make sense?

This removes the need to change LLVM, introduce new dependencies, etc.

Also, if anyone of you have more information of how to build LLVM inside a
Docker container for Linux, MacOS, and Windows, I would really like to know
more about it.

The reason I want to do this is because I am developing a system emulator,
kind of like Qemu, but for really old machines like the Amiga and Commodore
64, and I want to build and release binaries all from within Bazel (Bazel
having native cross-compilation, and an awesome test framework).