[llvm-dev] ORC v2 question

Dibyendu Majumdar via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Aug 10 10:25:00 PDT 2019

Hi,

I am trying out ORC v2 and facing some problems.

I am using LLVM 8.0.1.
I updated my ORC v1 implementation from 6.0 to 8.0 based on
Kaleidoscope example (i.e. using Legacy classes) and that works fine.

Now  I am trying out ORC v2 apis, based on
https://github.com/llvm-mirror/llvm/blob/master/examples/Kaleidoscope/BuildingAJIT/Chapter2/KaleidoscopeJIT.h.

I have got it to compile and build.
But looks like my compiled code is not being optimized at all.

For optimization I am using the PassManagerBuilder class to setup the
passes. I use OptLevel = 2. This works perfectly with ORC v1 apis, but
with ORC v2 I am not sure what is happening. I can see that the
optimizeModule() is being called.

Second issue is - I need to use an instance method as optimizeModule()
but based on the example this is now a static method. Is this a
restriction in the new api? I need to pass some parameters from the
JIT context such as what optimization level to use.

Thanks and Regards
Dibyendu