[llvm-dev] building a custom plugin

Osanne Gbayere via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Aug 2 03:56:18 PDT 2019

Hi LLVM Devs,

  I am in the process of building my own plugin for Clang/LLVM in Windows
on Visual Studio. I am having difficulty generating the .dll shared file to use
at compile time. How have the .dlls corresponding to the example plugins
been built?

This works:
clang -fplugin=C:/Users/User/llvm-project/build/Release/bin/PrintFunctionNames.dll -Xclang -plugin -Xclang print-fns test.c

This doesn't
clang -fplugin=C:/Users/User/llvm-project/build/Release/bin/MyPlugin.dll -Xclang -plugin -Xclang my-plugin test.c

cheers,

Osanne