[llvm-dev] RFC: Replace usage of Alias Set Tracker with MemorySSA in LICM

Alina Sbirlea via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 1 11:45:45 PDT 2019

Following up on a very old thread, that in time has evolved into:
   "Enable the use of MemorySSA in the LoopPassManager."

There have been discussions over the past couple of years about using
MemorySSA throughout the loop passes, and the verbal consensus was that
this is a good idea. After extensive testing, I'm looking to flip the flag
to enable the use of MemorySSA with: D58311
<https://reviews.llvm.org/D58311>.

I'd very much appreciate it folks took a moment to mention if they have
concerns, suggestions, feedback about this.

Thank you,
Alina