[llvm-dev] Disable combining of loads and stores in instcombine

Neil Ryan via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Apr 19 13:53:56 PDT 2019

Sorry, I meant that if I have a series of character loads that get combined into a single word load, I don’t know of a way to 1) know that the word load was originally comprised of character loads and 2) decompose the word load back into character loads.
Granted, if I have (1), (2) just a matter of inserting the right ops. I’ve been digging into MachineMemOperand — I’m not entirely sure what methods in this class can get me this information. Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Neil