[llvm-dev] Disable combining of loads and stores in instcombine

Arsenault, Matthew via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Apr 17 05:02:44 PDT 2019

This won’t happen with volatile load/store

-Matt

From: llvm-dev <llvm-dev-bounces at lists.llvm.org> on behalf of llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org>
Date: Tuesday, April 16, 2019 at 9:01 PM
To: llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org>
Subject: [llvm-dev] Disable combining of loads and stores in instcombine

 LLVM's optimizer combines stores to consecutive characters into a write of a single word.  For instance, if I have char A[4] and I write some static value to each element, these writes would be combined into a single 32-bit word write. I found this thread<http://llvm.1065342.n5.nabble.com/disabling-combining-load-stores-in-optimizer-td37560.html> from 2009 -- it seems like it wasn't possible then. Has anything changed since?

Neil