[llvm-dev] [RFC] migrating LLVM to C++14

Ed Maste via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Apr 8 13:57:04 PDT 2019

On Mon, 1 Apr 2019 at 16:16, JF Bastien via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> I haven’t documented FreeBSD / NetBSD / Fedora / MacOS / MSVC, and nobody complained at the BoF. I’d like to understand if we should care about documenting these: ideally the toolchain update policy would list which platforms need to be considered and how far back in time is relevant.

FreeBSD is one of the earlier consistent users of Clang and represents
a large installed base; "we" should care about FreeBSD's tool chain.

I see your table goes back to 2003 in some cases; I have no interest
in collecting information for FreeBSD versions that are long since
unsupported by the project.

For recent FreeBSD versions I believe we have:

FreeBSD version / LLVM version / Release date / Support end date
10.4 / 3.4.1 / 2017-10 / ended Oct 31, 2018
11.1 / 4.0.0 / 2017-07 / ended Sep 30, 2018
11.2 / 6.0.0 / 2018-06 / current
12.0 / 6.0.1 / 2018-12 / current