[llvm-dev] Stability of ORC JIT api with v8

Lang Hames via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Apr 7 14:13:46 PDT 2019

Hi Dibyendu,

Thank you. Is it safe to use the v8 JIT api or would you suggest waiting
> unto v9?

It depends on your tolerance for churn in the API. If you are looking for
something low maintenance and do not need the new features yet you can hold
off until LLVM 9. If you don't mind having to update your code to account
for new changes (and I expect the changes to usually be fairly
straightforward) I think you can jump to the new APIs now.

Cheers,
Lang.