[llvm-dev] Function Signature

via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Sep 29 09:56:34 PDT 2018

The subprogram DIE provides the return type in DW_AT_type.  Formal parameters are described using children of the subprogram DIE; note that the formal_parameter DIEs are required to be in the correct order, but are not required to be consective (that is, you need to look at all the direct children of the subprogram DIE).  Also, implicit parameters will be described explicitly in the DWARF; this includes things like a hidden return-value pointer, or the 'this' pointer for a C++ class method. Implicit parameters ought to have the DW_AT_artificial flag.

Hope this helps,
--paulr