[llvm-dev] Porting Pass to New PassManager

Leonard Chan via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Sep 26 15:43:50 PDT 2018

So I think I have the AddressSanitizer working with the new PM seeing
that I can replace '-asan' with ' -passes='asan' ' and the IR gets
instrumented. The next thing I'm having trouble understanding is that
the AddressSanitizerModule pass doesn't seem to be running even with
'-asan-module'. That is, running

`opt < %s -passed='asan' -asan-module -S`

doesn't  produce the same IR as

`opt < %s -asan -asan-module -S`

More specifically, the only thing missing seems to be the
`asan.module_ctor` that should get added to the global ctors list.
What I'm not sure of is if I'm missing something when I made the new
pass or it's something in the pipeline regarding which passes run
first between both PMs. I could just make an AddressSanitizerModule
pass for the new PM, but feel like this should still work even if
AddressSanitizer is added in the new PM and AddressSanitizerModule is
added in legacy.

- Leo