[llvm-dev] [RFC] Proposal: llvm-tapi, adding YAML/stub generation for ELF linking support

Armando Montanez via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Sep 26 10:03:23 PDT 2018

Absolutely. The goal of the tool is to produce both textual and binary
DSO stubs. This means you could take a DSO, produce a textual stub,
modify it however you wish, and then produce a linkable binary stub
from that modified .tbe. That, or you could bypass the textual portion
altogether and just produce binary stubs from DSOs. While the textual
format is useful, the goal is to make the tool complete and maximally
applicable by producing ELF stubs as well.

Alphabetical symbol sorting is currently a part of the plan as well.
It makes producing a diff easier as well.