[llvm-dev] Can I use CFLAndersAliasAnalysis to get point-to set of a function pointer?

PenYiWang via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 20 02:57:26 PDT 2018

Hi

I am working on find the target of indirect call.

I know there are two classic pointer analysis algorithm : Andersen
and Steensgaard

And also these two algorithm are implemented in LLVM 6.0.

But, I only found that LLVM just use alias analysis to check two memory
location are alias or not.

For example : AAResults::isNoAlias , AAResults::isMustAlias

My question is

Can I use the alias analysis in LLVM to find the point-to set of a pointer?

Or I should implement a new pass to do my pointer analysis?

Thanks