[llvm-dev] Loop Distribution pass

Jonas Paulsson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 13 01:21:56 PDT 2018

Hi,

I found with the help of the optimization remarks a loop that could not
be vectorized, but if loop distribution was enabled this may happen,
which it in fact did with a very significant benchmark improvement (~25%).

I tried (on SystemZ) to enable this pass, and found that it only
affected a handful of files on SPEC. This means I could enable this
without worrying about any regressions on SystemZ at least currently.

I wonder if there is something more to know about this. It seems that no
other target has enabled this due to general mixed results, or? Is this
triggering much more on other targets, and if so, why?

/Jonas