[llvm-dev] Byte-wide stores aren't coalesced if interspersed with other stores

Andres Freund via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 11 12:14:05 PDT 2018

Hi,

On 2018-09-11 15:06:10 -0400, Nirav Davé wrote:
> Hmm. This looks like the backend conservatively giving up early on
> merging.

> It looks like you're running clang 5.02. There have been some improvements
> to the backend's memory aliasing and store merging that have landed since.
> Can you check if this is fixed in a newer version?

It's trunk at r341868.  The clang version numbers come in from postgres'
JIT infrastructure inlining SQL operators/functions, which are just
taken from postgres' C code.  I probably shouldn't have mixed versions
in this installation, but it shouldn't affect the result, as that's only
for the available_externally functions.  The rest of the IR is generated
by directly emitting IR via IRBuilder.

- Andres