[llvm-dev] [msan] Failing mmap.cc test

David Greene via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 11 06:57:11 PDT 2018

Evgenii Stepanov <eugeni.stepanov at gmail.com> writes:

> See https://reviews.llvm.org/D51364 - a very similar bug was
> introduced by a compiler-rt change and then fixed by a revert.

Ok, so what do we do about this?  D50940 seems to have introduced the
problem but it was reverted.  The "tentative fix" in D51364 was
abandoned but it's not clear to me why (maybe because D50940 was
reverted?).  It is also not clear to me how D50940 could have introduced
the problem.  Was it just coincidence that someone saw this issue after
D50940 was applied?

                             -David