[llvm-dev] JIT tests on AArch64

David Greene via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 10 20:17:40 PDT 2018

Hi all,

I am seeing a number of JIT unit test failures on AArch64.  Some googling returns
past discussions (circa 2014) but as far as I can tell, everything should be working.
I listed the failures below.

These are from a Release build.  A Debug build does not exhibit the failures.  I built
with gcc 6.1.0 on SuSE 12.  Switching to gcc 8.2.0 also makes the problem go away,
both in Debug and Release builds.

Is there a known problem with gcc 6.1.0 on AArch64?  I considered the possiblity
that the tests (or libraries) somehow wander into undefined behavior territory
but my guess is that's unlikely.

                                                            -David

********************
Testing: 0 .. 10.. 20.. 30.. 40.. 50.. 60.. 70.. 80.. 90..
Testing Time: 5.12s
********************
Failing Tests (11):
    LLVM-Unit :: ExecutionEngine/MCJIT/./MCJITTests/MCJITTest.lazy_function_creator_lambda
    LLVM-Unit :: ExecutionEngine/Orc/./OrcJITTests/CoreAPIsStandardTest.DefineMaterializingSymbol
    LLVM-Unit :: ExecutionEngine/Orc/./OrcJITTests/CoreAPIsStandardTest.FallbackDefinitionGeneratorTest
    LLVM-Unit :: ExecutionEngine/Orc/./OrcJITTests/DummyRPC.ReturnErrorFailure
    LLVM-Unit :: ExecutionEngine/Orc/./OrcJITTests/DummyRPC.ReturnExpectedFailure
    LLVM-Unit :: ExecutionEngine/Orc/./OrcJITTests/RemoteObjectLayer.AddObjectFailure
    LLVM-Unit :: ExecutionEngine/Orc/./OrcJITTests/RemoteObjectLayer.EmitAndFinalizeFailure
    LLVM-Unit :: ExecutionEngine/Orc/./OrcJITTests/RemoteObjectLayer.FindSymbol
    LLVM-Unit :: ExecutionEngine/Orc/./OrcJITTests/RemoteObjectLayer.FindSymbolIn
    LLVM-Unit :: ExecutionEngine/Orc/./OrcJITTests/RemoteObjectLayer.RemoveObjectFailure