[llvm-dev] linear-scan RA

Preston Briggs via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 10 16:27:21 PDT 2018

How precise is the interference checking (to my mind, a great weakness of
linear scan)?
Is there way to do coalescing (the great strength of coloring)?

I ask these questions because we (guys I work with) see loops
where there's a little register juggling that seems unnecessary.

Is there a paper that describes what y'all do?

Thanks,
Preston