[llvm-dev] Problem with examples on Windows / v601

Danie Clawson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Sep 7 13:43:50 PDT 2018

I was able to build LLVM 601 using cmake and vs 2017, with no errors. I built the debug version with asserts turned on.

Then I built the "Fibonacci” example referencing the libs built previously. This worked fine, though I did get a deprecation warning.

However, when I tried the “HowToUseJIT” example, it built without issue but it crashes while trying to print out the constructed module IR.

Stepping through in the debugger shows this crash happens in the ilist_node_base::isSentinal method when the PointerIntPair PrevAndSentinel tries to getInt

Is this a known issue in 601 with Windows? Is there a workaround, and/or should I use an earlier version?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated