[llvm-dev] Clang for the PlayStation 2

Dan Ravensloft via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Sep 7 10:52:55 PDT 2018

On Fri, 7 Sep 2018 at 17:48, Tim Northover <t.p.northover at gmail.com> wrote:

> I looked at your diffs and you've only changed one of the functions to
> return SDValue(), you need to change lowerFP_TO_SINT itself too. The
> one with the store is just there as an optimization; if it doesn't
> trigger (because of your diff) then lowerFP_TO_SINT will still create
> a bad node afterwards.

Thank you!

With that, the four bugs I found in newlib's C code are dead. I think the
lrint fix should be upstreamed right away; would you mind if I credited you
in the patch?

Unfortunately, we are not out of the woods yet. If memory serves me
correctly, newlib has some assembly code in used for things like `_start`
to bring up the C runtime, which GNU binutils accepts and Clang's assembler
currently does not.

I'll go build that so I'm not talking out of my ass.

Cheers, Tim!