[llvm-dev] Clang for the PlayStation 2

Tim Northover via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Sep 7 08:59:10 PDT 2018

On Fri, 7 Sep 2018 at 07:38, Dan Ravensloft <dan.ravensloft at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just tried this, but the compiler still crashes with the same error. Maybe our experiments were different.

Strange. I only tested it on a simple reproducer rather than newlib:

void foo(float *in, long long *out) {
       *out = *in;
}
$ clang -target mips64el-img-linux -mcpu=mips3 -S -o- -Os tmp.c
[...]

Is it possible you were hitting a different error with roughly similar output?

> lowerFP_TO_SINT_STORE is only ever called by lowerFP_TO_SINT, so I'm just passing single-floatness (we need a better name for that) as an argument to lowerFP_TO_SINT_STORE at the moment.

Are you sure? I see it being called by lowerSTORE.

Cheers.

Tim.