[llvm-dev] Basic Coverage

Peter Teoh via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 3 03:17:38 PDT 2018

this is a classic problem:   how to derive a complete coverage of all
potential paths of execution.   and the path covered is not only dependent
on the input, it may depend on many other external factors like OS
environment, external resource like network, storage, and memories etc.
 normally a complete coverage is computationally infeasible, but if you let
a fuzzer lib libFuzzer do the work of finding random inputs + environments,
then a "most probabilistically likely coverage" may be constructed.

On Mon, Sep 3, 2018 at 1:17 PM Muhui Jiang via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Hi
>
> My goal is that given a binary and the corresponding input. I want to know
> what IR level basic blocks are covered. I need the detail information,
> which is the set of all the covered BBs rather than just a number.
>
> I want to know whether there are some tools that can support this
> requirements. If not, I think maybe instrumentation can helps. However, I
> do not know too much about this. Any suggestions or ideas are welcome.
> Thank you so much
>
> Regards
> Muhui

Regards,