[llvm-dev] Building LLVM with VisualStudio 2017

Gaier, Bjoern via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Oct 26 02:25:02 PDT 2018

Hello everyone,

so there is something that really bothers me. In the past I build LLVM and Clang via the source code and Visual Studio 2015.
In my project I used then the freshly new build Clang and the LLVM.

But now, since I compiled with Visual Studio 2017 this is not possible anymore. I'm able to compile both, the LLVM and clang, but when I then use clang as the compiler and the LLVM in my project, I get undefined references to: "__std_reverse_trivially_swappable_4"
And other functions like this.

I also tried, when CMake has generated the Solution file, to change the compiler to LLVM. Clang is executed then, but still - the same error will occur in my project or different projects when they are compiled with Clang.

What am I doing wrong? It prevents me from continuing my project...

Kind greetings
Björn