[llvm-dev] New LLVM git repository conversion prototype

David Greene via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Oct 12 10:50:36 PDT 2018

Renato Golin via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> writes:

> On Fri, 12 Oct 2018 at 17:48, Andrew Kelley <superjoe30 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> In practice, after about one release cycle, most of the activity would take place in the new system.
>
> You'd be surprised how many 4-year-old bugs I had to deal with...

I hear you.  :)

I know we don't want to get distracted with this but a good compromise
solution might be to only migrate active bugs to GitHub and keep
Bugzilla for legacy bug searches.  I certainly have used Bugzilla to
search resolved bugs so we don't want to lose that information.

I absolutely think GitHub's bug/PR integration is worth the cost of
transition.

                         -David