[llvm-dev] DIFile filenames containing directories

David Blaikie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Nov 29 13:19:01 PST 2018

Can't say I know much about -fdebug-prefix-map, but...

On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 1:07 PM Adrian Prantl <aprantl at apple.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the feedback! Closely-related follow-up question: Is *this* a
> bug?
>
> llvm/tools/clang/test/CodeGen/debug-prefix-map.c:33:27:
> // CHECK-COMPILATION-DIR: !DIFile(filename:
> "/var/empty{{[/\\]}}Inputs/stdio.h", directory: "/var/empty")

Yeah, that doesn't look quite right to me. The duplication of the directory
in both the filename and directory...

Well, I guess it could be read as "resolve the filename relative to this
directory" - but since the filename is absolute, the directory is ignored?