[llvm-dev] Errors in configuration for LLVM with CMake GUI

Zachary Turner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Nov 29 08:49:43 PST 2018

I think you are heading down the wrong path. All of those error messages
are normal. That’s just cmake doing feature detection, for example it will
test whether your system has pthread.h by compiling a program that includes
that header. So an error in your log about is missing pthread.h just means
it will set HAVE_PTHREAD_H to false which is fine.

I’m confused why we’re talking about gcc and libomp if you’re trying to do
a Windows build. You should just use msvc to build it. You don’t need any
of the things you mentioned to do a build.

I still haven’t seen the output from cmake (just a paste of stdout). That’s
going to tell you the real problem. The pog files I don’t think are very
useful and will just lead you in the wrong direction.

You said you’re using cmake gui, maybe the problem is that the gui can’t
find the Visual Studio installation. Did you run vcvarsall first? Try first
running vcvarsall from a command prompt and tgen running cmake (command
line or gui) from that same command prompt