[llvm-dev] Have LLD and Clang in their correct locations, but still can't generate project files for LLVM

Osman Zakir via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Nov 27 12:46:19 PST 2018

Is there no one who has already built LLVM for targeting WebAsesembly with, using Visual Studio 2017 as the generator and toolchain (x64 of course)?

My LLVM root folder is C:/llvm, and LLD and Clang are in llvm_root/tools/lld and llvm_root/tools/clang respectively.  If this is as it should be, then what's the problem? Would someone please help me with this by also checking the logs I've attached to the first message in this thread?  Thanks in advance.

In llvm/tools/, I see there's also a folder called "msbuild" which also has a .sln file called llvm.sln.  How about if I just try to build that (and if needed, would it be okay to just put the preprocessor definition LLVM_EXPERIMENTAL_TARGETS_TO_BUILD=WebAssembly in there for each project?)?