[llvm-dev] Couldn't successfully generate project files for LLVM (checked out from trunk)

Osman Zakir via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Nov 25 05:53:09 PST 2018

Thanks for the reply.

The problem may really have been that I was trying to use C:/Program Files/LLVM/install_x64 as the value for the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX macro.  I do have LLD and Clang in C:/llvm/tools/lld and C:/llvm/tools/clang respectively.  I did try to use the "Visual Studio 15 2017 Win64" as the generator, but I got a warning about complications that may arise if I were to do that.

I'll try it again, this time putting the installation directory in the same root folder as the source file, and then get back to this mailing list with the results.

I tried to use the command line tool for CMake, rather than the GUI.  I find that easier in some cases.  Would be great if I knew the flags I need to use to have it locate LLD and Clang and build them when using the command line tool.