[llvm-dev] [compiler-rt] Unit tests

Dean Michael Berris via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Nov 19 07:14:44 PST 2018

> On 17 Nov 2018, at 05:07, David Greene via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>
> I noticed that in compiler-rt there's a rule generated for the Fuzzer
> unit tests (check-fuzzer-unit) but no rules generated for unit tests of
> other components (xray, sanitizers, etc.).  Is there any particular
> reason this is so?

I think this is a matter of the convention not being followed throughout. For the XRay side, I followed what was being done in the other libraries. It certainly makes sense to have a separate target just for the unit tests. There is a `check-xray` target which runs both the unit tests and the lit “end-to-end” tests, which has been sufficient for my day-to-day testing/development.

-- Dean