[llvm-dev] llvm callgraph generation

Muhui Jiang via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Nov 17 08:59:50 PST 2018

Hi

I refer to the call graph generation of llvm

Generally, I use the opt -dot-callgraph to help me to generate the call
graph.  This method needs the bitcode. I used to use gold-link and the flag
save-temps to help me to save the bitcode.

However, is it able to generate the call graph during the compiling/linking
time?
For example
Callgraph cg = new Callgraph(&M)
cg.print(filestream)

I would like to write a llvm pass and use the -Xclang -load to run the pass
during the compiling/linking time. However, since the call graph is for the
context of the whole program rather than a single module. I guess a module
pass may not work. Does anyone have ideas?

Regards
Muhui