[llvm-dev] LLVM_CONFIG_PATH when building Clang from sources

Tom Stellard via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Nov 15 22:02:00 PST 2018

On 11/15/2018 09:47 PM, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 12:46 AM Tom Stellard <tstellar at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 11/15/2018 09:39 PM, Jeffrey Walton via llvm-dev wrote:
>>> I'm trying to build LLVM, CFE and RT from sources on an old PowerMac
>>> with OS X 10.5.
>>
>> Which version of clang/llvm are you using?
>
> LLVM 7.0.
>
> The script is available at
> https://github.com/noloader/build-llvm/blob/master/build-llvm.sh

If I understand correctly, what you are doing with --strip-components is to
merge the the source trees into a single directory.  This won't work.  You
need to keep each project in its own directory and lay them out in a specific
way.  You should review the getting started guide here:
https://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html#getting-started-quickly-a-summary

-Tom