[llvm-dev] [MergeFuncs] Help request for broken test

Cameron McInally via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Nov 8 11:53:39 PST 2018

Hey list,

I've made a small change to some enum values
in include/llvm/IR/Instruction.def and it seems to be breaking a fragile
test of the MergeFunctions pass. This seemingly small change is exaggerated
by the hashing function used by MergeFunctions. Since the hashes are used
to sort internal MergeFunctions data structures, the output of this pass is
different enough to break the test.

Is there an expert in the MergeFunctions pass that could help me sort this
out? I've attached a small patch to elucidate the problem. Also, I'd be
happy to share more of my findings if desired.

Thanks in advance,
Cameron