[llvm-dev] Flat Monorepo Prototype Not Updating

Dean Michael Berris via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 7 15:06:05 PST 2018

> On 8 Nov 2018, at 09:52, David Greene <dag at cray.com> wrote:
>
> On a bit of a tangent, I'm confused about what the "official" monorepo
> prototype is.  The one you mention has a specific date on it so I
> assumed it was old.  I've been looking at
> https://github.com/llvm-git-prototype/llvm.git.
>
> Which is it?

The one I quoted is the one still mentioned in the getting started guide, and has stable hashes AFAICT meant to be the proving ground for ongoing day-to-day use, until it’s turned down in favour of the official monorepo. The monorepo that is being discussed is one that will supersede the one I quoted (IIRC) to which I’ll eventually migrate to for my day-to-day when it’s ready. :)

http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html#for-developers-to-work-with-a-git-monorepo

Cheers

-- Dean