[llvm-dev] Proposed new min and max intrinsics

Alex Bradbury via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Nov 1 09:45:20 PDT 2018

On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 at 00:28, Thomas Lively via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> I just wanted to bump this to see if anyone has any input. I would really like to get these landed soon if there are no objections.

Hi Thomas,

With ISD::FMINNAN and ISD::FMAXNAN now easy to produce for any target
due to these newly exposed intrinsics, I think these nodes should be
handled in at least SelectionDAGLegalize::ExpandNode (for when the
float type is legal but the operation is not) and
DAGTypeLegalizer::SoftenFloatResult (for when the float type is not
legal).

Best,

Alex