[llvm-dev] Miscompilation while switching from clang-4 to clang-5

Alex Denisov via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu May 31 00:41:59 PDT 2018

Hi Tom, hi Michael,

Thank you for your help.
I understand the linking problem. What I do not understand is how to debug the difference between two versions of compilers.
This what I do (briefly):

clang++-4 foobar.cpp -lLLVM -l/opt/llvm-3.9/lib

clang++-5 foobar.cpp -lLLVM -l/opt/llvm-3.9/lib

The first command produces a working executable, while the other one does not.
I'm trying to understand whether I had this problem all the time but clang-4 could not see it, or there is no problem but clang-5 does something wrong.