[llvm-dev] Miscompilation while switching from clang-4 to clang-5

Alex Denisov via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed May 30 14:39:54 PDT 2018

Hello everyone,

I observe a weird behavior switching from clang-4 to clang-5 (and any higher version).
I compile an executable that depends on LLVM. Everything works fine with clang-4, but when I run the executable compiled with clang-5 I see the following error:
: CommandLine Error: Option 'rewrite-map-file' registered more than once!
LLVM ERROR: inconsistency in registered CommandLine options

I want to debug the problem, but don't even know where to start.
I am happy to provide more info if anyone wants to participate.

I would appreciate any hints.

Thank you.
Alex.
--