[llvm-dev] Rewriting calls to varargs functions

Dávid Bolvanský via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue May 22 09:59:23 PDT 2018

It could save useless parsing in s/f/printf during runtime.

E.g. for heavy "fprint"ing code like fprintf(f, "%s: %s", TAG, msg); I
think it could be quite useful.
After this transformation we would get fprintf(f, "ABC: %s", msg);  --> We
could save one push/mov instruction + less parsing in printf every time we
call it. We would just replace string constant "%s: %s" with "ABC: %s" and
possibly orphaned "ABC" constant could be removed completely.