[llvm-dev] LLVM dwarf info is not complete

Muhui Jiang via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue May 22 08:06:54 PDT 2018

Hi

I am using llvm-dwarfdump to dump the line table with -debug-line option. I
compiled my program with -gdwarf-3.

I first get the line number and source number for every instruction of the
LLVM IR with metadata. Then I try to find the corresponding binary address
from the dwarf debug info. However, I noticed that the dwarf table might
not always return me the answer and some of the source line and column
number is not found inside dwarf table.

Do anyone have the same experiences? How do you handle this case. Many
Thanks

Regards
Muhui