[llvm-dev] Windows build strangeness

Reid Kleckner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed May 16 13:08:28 PDT 2018

I think MSBuild isn't capable of re-running cmake and then reloading the
project files when CMakeLists.txt changes. It re-runs cmake, but then
continues the build with the stale projects. That probably explains the
"PipSqueek.cxx doesn't exist" errors. As for the link error, it could also
be caused by things like a file rename not getting picked up by MSBuild.

The fix is probably to always run cmake before MSBuild in the nightly job.
This isn't necessary if you are using ninja or make, if those are options.