[llvm-dev] Four bitcode generated with plugin-opt=save-temps

Muhui Jiang via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue May 15 04:42:56 PDT 2018

Hi

I use the LDFLAGS=" -flto -fuse-ld=gold  -Wl,-plugin-opt=save-temps " to
generate the makefile and to make the whole program. However,  found four
different kinds of bitcode for each target. For example, I am compiling
coreutils. For the program "nohup", I can get

 nohup.0.0.preopt.bc
 nohup.0.2.internalize.bc
 nohup.0.4.opt.bc
 nohup.0.5.precodegen.bc

If I am right, I can also get the bitcode with emit-llvm option in clang.
May I know which bc among the above four should be the same as the one I
generated with emit-llvm. More information are very thankful.

Regards
Muhui