[llvm-dev] Query on unswitching + vectorization

Gopalasubramanian, Ganesh via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon May 14 02:21:00 PDT 2018

  *   Looks like some sort of pass ordering issue; it will vectorize if indvars runs sometime between loop unswitch and the vectorizer.

That insight is helpful. I scheduled Canonicalization of induction variable before loop vectorization and could get the loop vectorized.
The indvars are heavily dependent on SCEV. If there a scalar like tmp which is of real type, we may not be able to get the indvars sorted out because of the integer type limitation in SCEV!
Is there a way out when we have a scalar float computation that is dependent on induction variable?
-Ganesh