[llvm-dev] Using C++14 code in LLVM

Adrien Guinet via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri May 11 06:17:38 PDT 2018

On 05/10/2018 10:50 PM, Chandler Carruth via llvm-dev wrote:
> Last time this came up, there were a lot of people that were stuck on GCC
> 4.9 due to ABI reasons. I think forcing that upgrade is going to be the
> most disruptive part of this, and I think that will really need a decent
> amount of time. =[

Another similar thing to consider is for people building LLVM within
Python extensions (llvmlite, dragonffi, cppyy and others!). Python
wheels under Linux are built using a fixed CentOS version. A new ABI
(manylinux2010) appeared recently
(https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0571/) that uses CentOS 6. I don't
know which C++ library is used here, but if it is too old, it could also
be an issue !

My 2 cents.

--
Adrien.