[llvm-dev] Using C++14 code in LLVM

Andrew Kelley via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu May 10 14:30:10 PDT 2018

I'll add my considerations as a frontend which depends on LLVM.

It is a goal of Zig to keep the bootstrapping process to a minimum number
of steps (See https://github.com/zig-lang/zig/issues/853).

However, we will always depend on LLVM, Clang, and LLD. So that means the
bootstrapping process of these 3 projects are inherently intertwined. From
the perspective of bootstrapping, ability to build with older compilers is
better.