[llvm-dev] Start/end of .text section

Peter Smith via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed May 9 01:44:15 PDT 2018

Hello Sumonto,

As far as I know, the only way to retrieve the start/end of the .text
section is via the linker script. LLD will define __start_<section
name> and __stop_<section name> symbols if <section name> is a valid C
identifier, which unfortunately doesn't cover sections starting with a
'.' like .text. I think Gold and ld.bfd behave this way as well but I
haven't checked the finer details.

Peter